- Pages: 48
- Age: 7+
- Publisher: Miles Kelly Publishing Ltd
- Dimensions: 297 x 228 mm
- Format: Paperback with holographic foil
100 Facts: Deep Ocean is bursting with exactly 100 awesome facts, mind-blowing images and loads of activities to help children learn everything they need to know about the great underwater world.
100 Facts Deep Ocean book for kids includes incredible facts for kids in easily-digestible, numbered paragraphs. Information is accompanied by amazing illustrations and photographs that put unbelievable facts into context for children.
Essential topics covered in 100 Facts Deep Ocean:
• The different ocean zones such as the Twilight Zone
• Fish prey and predators of the deep ocean
• Exploring the ocean floor and changes in the sea over time
Examples of ‘I don’t believe it’ fascinating facts:
• Six billion tonnes of phytoplankton grow in the Light Zone every year and they produce half of the oxygen in the atmosphere.
• The orange is believed to be one of the longest living fish – one individual allegedly reached 149 years of age.
• One krill is not much bigger than a paperclip, but the total weight of all the krill in the world is greater than the total weight of all the people on the planet!
Activities to make learning accessible and interactive include:
• Find out how to make water heavier using two identical cups filled with the same amount of water
• Animal giants game: Put these sea animal giants in order of size, from largest to smallest
• Draw a picture of your own Hadal Zone creature using information from the book