- Pages: 48
- Age: 7+
- Publisher: Miles Kelly Publishing Ltd
- Dimensions: 297 x 228 mm
- Format: Paperback with holographic foil
100 Facts Planet Earth book for kids covers key topics about our world in easily-digestible, numbered facts. Every page features detailed illustrations and colourful photographs that bring the text to life for kids.
Essential topics covered in 100 Facts Planet Earth:
• Where Earth came from and where it is in space
• The layers of Earth, precious materials and preserving the planet
• Natural events, spectacular scenery and what we can learn about the evolution of Earth
Examples of ‘I don’t believe it’ fascinating facts:
• Some fossils of bacteria are 3.5 billion years old.
• The longest stalactite is 59 metres long. The tallest stalagmite is 32 metres tall.
• By the middle of the 21th century, 30–50 percent of all living species may be extinct.
Activities to make learning accessible and interactive include:
• Make salt crystals using table salt, a magnifying glass and a dark-coloured bowl!
• Recreate a geyser eruption using a bucket, plastic funnel and plastic tubing
• Quiz question: What shape is a barchan sand dune?