- Pages: 48
- Age: 7+
- Publisher: Miles Kelly Publishing Ltd
- Dimensions: 297 x 228 mm
- Format: Paperback with holographic foil
100 Facts Solar System covers key topics in easily-digestible, numbered facts. Every page showcases amazing illustrations and photographs that clarify difficult points for children. An amazing space book for both confident and reluctant readers aged 7+.
Essential topics covered in 100 Facts Solar System:
• Why Earth is the only planet that can support life.
• Discover which planet has the most moons.
• Learn what Saturn’s rings are made of.
Examples of ‘I don’t believe it’ fascinating facts:
• Before scientists worked out what really makes the Sun shine, they thought it might be a giant lump of coal burning in space!
• Venus’ atmosphere is so dense that it has about 90 times the pressure of Earth’s. You would need a spacecraft as strong as a submarine to land of Venus.
Activities to make learning accessible and interactive include:
• Look for a meteorite in your garden or local park using just a magnet.
• Spot Jupiter in the sky on a clear night using binoculars.
• Quiz question: How old is the Moon?