- Pages: 48
- Age: 7+
- Publisher: Miles Kelly Publishing Ltd
- Dimensions: 297 x 228 mm
- Format: Paperback with holographic foil
100 Facts Stars and Galaxies is bursting with exactly 100 fantastic facts, incredible images and fun activities. Children aged 7+ will learn everything they need to know about gigantic galaxies, immense start systems and amazing new worlds.
Essential topics covered in 100 Facts Stars and Galaxies:
• How a star is born
• What happens when galaxies collide
• How many stars exist in the Milky Way
Examples of ‘I don’t believe it’ fascinating facts:
• The core of a protostar needs to be 10 million degrees Celsius before nuclear reactions occur.
• White dwarfs are so dense that a single teaspoon of them could weigh 14 tonnes – more than two African elephants!
• Supernovae explosions fling out gas and dust at high speed – as fast as 30,000 kilometres per second.
Activities to make learning accessible and interactive include:
• Make binary stars out of modeling clay.
• Understand how galaxies in the Universe are formed with just a balloon.
• Quiz question: Which is the most common gas in a nebula?